Australia has abundant coastline with many great locations for kitesurfing in every State.
- Victoria has an abundance of flat water and surf locations and reliable wind over the summer months.
- Queensland has great kitesurfing in the tropics over the winter months and in the South East all year round.
- Western Australia is famous for big surf breaks and strong reliable winds over the summer. There is great flatwater riding too.
- Tasmania has a variety of flatwater and surf locations and very few kitesurfers.
- New South Wales has a good variety of excellent kitesurfing locations for both wave and flat water riding. Note that kitesurfing is not allowed on Sydney Harbour.