CLEAR guidelines - Conditions, Look, Equipment, Attitude, Respect
CONDITIONS - assess:
- Wind strength and direction
- Waves, tides, currents and rips
- The weather forecast
- before you launch, jump, jibe (turn), landEQUIPMENT
- Complete your pre-flight safety check
- Always use a kite leash
- Use a quick release on anything you connect too
- Practice using your safety systems - you need to use them instinctively
- Never exceed manufacturers specifications - particularly the wind range for your kite size
- Seek and listen to local advice
- Don't exceed your limitations - come in before you get too tired. Accidents and mistakes happen when you are fatigued.
- Use your judgement. If in doubt don't go out, or don't do it.