A duck tack is another method for turning on a directional board and is an alternative to a gybe turn. One advantage is that it enables you to turn without losing any ground downwind.
This turn is commonly used while racing, and also on surfboards.
1. Drift kite up and carve upwind hard
2. Shift your weight forward
3. Release front hand and let bar out
4. Lean back with your knees bent to keep your centre of gravity low
5. Keep your bar high. Look under your front elbow to initiate your forward rotation.
5. Pivot on front foot and duck under the bar, rotating your body. Keep pulling with your back hand while stepping forward with your back foot.
6. Dive kite hard to get going in new direction. Use a downloop in lighter wind to generate more power.
Notes and tips