The 2013 Airush Lithium kite is a great all round kite that has good power, turns well and is very stable and predictable to fly. This is a review of the Lithium 12m kite.
Improvements in the 2013 model include a lighter bar pressure setting on the bridle attachment near the center of the leading edge.
Features of the Lithium are:
- Great bottom end power - the kite flies in around 10 knots without backstalling. Combined with a large board, it generates enough power to kitesurf.
- Turns fast and generating good power. Looks and feels more like a 10m kite and is surprisingly compact.
- Lines come with sections so their length can be adjusted by removing sections.
- Very good relaunch, even in light winds
- Indicative wind range is 10 knots to 23 knots, 75kg rider
- Delta C/hybrid shape
- Smooth and predictable to fly - the sheathed front lines travel through the bar very nicely.
Tuning the kite
Tuning recommendations from Airush:
- If you ride with the bar relaxed 100-150mm (4″- 6″) away from your quick release (or chicken loop), you could probably tie an extra knot ABOVE the standard setting on the pigtail, this will give you faster turning and a bit more power.
- On the other hand, If you ride with your bar fully sheeted in resting against your quick release (or chicken loop), you could probably tie an extra knot below the standard setting on the rear pigtail. This will help when unhooking also and reduce back stall when kiting in light winds.