Hazards and notes
- Hangliders sharing beaches. Some beach locations, such as 4 Mile Beach (Port Douglas, Australia) can be used at times by both hang gliders (powered or landing) and kitesurfers. A hang glider will crash if it hits kite lines. If any hang gliders are coming in to land all kites flying on or near the landing zone should be landed to clear the airspace.
South East Queensland
- Green - easy can be beginner
- Yellow - intermediate
- Red - Warnings read info
- Disk... for specific locations
- Arrows along beach start / finish points for numerous down winders.
- Red pins - no go zones along shore line (during down-winders) Surf club - flag zones / Council Bye-laws / Shipping/Ports and airport zones..
- Basket Symbol - Shop/Training/repair facilities..
Note: No go zone at Main Beach, Surfers Paradise.